REDWOOD CITY, CA., August 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global digital infrastructure™ company, today announced the appointment of Scott Crenshaw as Executive Vice President and General Manager, Digital Services.
In this newly created role, Crenshaw will be responsible for the growth and strategy of Equinix’s suite of digital services, including Equinix Fabric™, Equinix Metal® and network edge. He will have direct responsibility for product management and associated software engineering teams supporting these offerings.
Crenshaw’s appointment comes at a time when enterprises around the world continue to rely on Equinix for their critical digital infrastructure needs, including the ability to leverage Equinix’s market-leading interconnected colocation portfolio through virtual, as-a-service and state-of-the-art solutions.
- Additional products under Crenshaw’s leadership will include Equinix Internet Exchange®Equinix Metro Connect®Equinix Internet Access and Equinix Precision Time®.
- Crenshaw joins Equinix from Concourse Labs, where he served as CEO, and previously as President and COO. As CEO, he enabled large enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation by automating cloud security and compliance.
- Prior to Concourse Labs, Crenshaw held various positions at Rackspace Technology, Inc., including Executive Vice President and General Manager, Private Cloud. In this role, he led the growth of Rackspace’s Private Cloud as a Service business to over $1 billion revenue and the introduction of the industry’s first hybrid and multicloud services for enterprises.
- At Red Hat Software, Crenshaw led the Linux business unit and launched the company’s Cloud business unit, serving as vice president and general manager. He was instrumental in transforming the company from a Linux vendor into a major player in modern cloud infrastructure and development platforms.
- Crenshaw held other leadership positions at Verisign, Acronis, NTRU and Datawatch Corporation.
- A co-inventor of seven U.S. patents, Crenshaw has also served as a board member of BluVector Inc. and Cloud Technology Partners, Inc.
- Crenshaw earned a BS in Computer Science from North Carolina State University and an MBA from Massachusetts Institute of Technologywhere he was a Sloan Fellow.
- Charles MeyerPresident and CEO, Equinix
“Equinix continues to power the world’s digital leaders, creating and operating the most reliable, programmable and sustainable platform for interconnected infrastructure. Scott Crenshaw brings the perfect mix of skills and experience to help us execute our customer-centric digital services vision. Scott will help us imagine and deliver the services we need to help customers transform and scale their infrastructure with speed, agility, reliability, and the cloud-optimized architectures they need to meet the business needs of today and seize the opportunities of tomorrow. Scott’s track record of innovation and success at Concourse, Red Hat and Rackspace make him an ideal leader for this crucial role. »
- Scott CrenshawExecutive Vice President and General Manager, Digital Services, Equinix
“Equinix is a world-class organization with a long history of driving innovation that enables enterprises to use their digital infrastructure as a source of business advantage and success. I look forward to leading the Digital Services team as we provide customers with unique and innovative solutions to accelerate digital transformation and unleash the power of the vast hybrid multicloud ecosystem that powers Platform Equinix.”
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world’s digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to leverage a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix connects today’s businesses to all the right places, partners, and opportunities they need to accelerate their advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, accelerate the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from the expectations described in these forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause such differences include, but are not limited to, challenges associated with acquiring, operating and building IBX® and xScale™ data centers and developing, deploying and delivery of Equinix products and solutions, unforeseen costs or difficulties associated with business integration. we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; an inability to receive meaningful revenue from customers in newly built or acquired data centers; failure to enter into contemplated financing agreements from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding debt; the loss or decline in business of our major customers; risks relating to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.